After reviewing and assessing over 35 commuter bikes.I have created a list of the best commuter bikes under 300.
- 1 Best Commuter Bikes Under 300
Best Commuter Bikes Under 300
1.Vilano R2 Commuter Aluminum Road Bike Shimano 21 Speed 700c
<<Click Here To Check Price On Amazon>>
Whether you’re looking a good bike for riding to work, around campus or just for leisure around your neighborhood. The Vilano R2 commuter aluminum road bike should definitely be one of your options. Furthermore not only is the bike lightweight and easy to handle, but it also has a stylish look.
- This would also be a good beginner’s bike for someone just getting the hang of cycling.
- At 27 pounds this bike is also very lightweight
- In addition the bike comes mostly assembled, as you will only have to put on the front wheel and attach the shifters to the handlebars and also put on the seat.
- Base on numerous customer comments I would recommend that you replace the factory tubes that the bicycle will arrive with. As seems to lose air quickly.
2. Aluminum Road Bike Commuter Bike Shimano 21 Speed 700c
Next on the list is the Aluminum road bike commute, designed with a double butted aluminum frame. That is not only durable but lightweight. Note that t this price range it is practically impossible to get something that is exceptional in all areas when it comes to bike quality.
This is obvious with this bike base on numerous reviews as the tires seem to be more on the cheaper side. And lack durability as they tend to pop quickly. So I would advise you to get spare tires along with your order.
- Good bike for the money
- With 21 different speeds you will be able to enjoy different speeds as you desire
- Furthermore this bike isn’t hard to assemble
- The chain tends to start make noise after few users, so this isn’t a quiet peddler
- Also the brake lever is not very durable
3. Critical Cycles Beaumont-7 Seven Speed Lady’s Urban City Commuter Bike
With a step through design the critical cycle Beaumont 7 is one of the best commuter bikes for ladies. First off it is eye catching and has been classed as pretty by numerous persons. As it is sprayed with a cool coral color. In addition it is designed with a durable steel frame that is quite heavier than that of a regular aluminum frame. In fact the overall weight of the bike is about 35 pounds.
- When you order this bike you will actually receive it 85% assembled, leaving you to do only some minor attachments. Furthermore the manufactures also include most of the tools you will need to complete the set up in the box.
- This bike has a nice retro look and is a true hybrid bike
- In addition its step through design allows a variety of riders of different heights and age to mount the bicycle and to also get off safely.
- And its design makes it possible for you to mount a child seat on the rear of the bike
- The tires that this bike comes with are basic and not durable, so it would be in your best interest to replace them as soon as possible. But at this low of a price this one flaw shouldn’t be a turn off.
4. 54cm Aluminum Road/commuter Bike Racing Bicycle 21 Speed 700c Shimano
This commuter bike cost just under $200; it is designed with an aluminum alloy 700C frame. And would be a good bike for persons between the heights of 5 feet 4 inches and 6 feet. Furthermore the bike weighs only 27 pounds making it lightweight and easy to manage.
- This bike is designed to manage a weight capacity of up to 440 pounds
- In addition it comes with an adjustable kickstand, for more convenient parking.
- Furthermore the brakes are sharp and it also comes with the highly rated Shimano 21 speed, allowing you a variety of options when riding.
- The fake leather seats while durable they aren’t the most comfortable
5. VEVOR Road Bike Light Aluminum Alloy/Carbon Steel Aluminum Commuter Bike Shimano 21 Speed 700c Racing Bicycle 21 inch/ 54cm
Not only is the Vevor road bike designed for regular commuting but it is also properly equipped for racing if you should ever feel the urge. As the makers have used a lightweight design that helps to maximize the transfer of power while pedaling. This helps to deliver maximum speed and efficiency.
- Priced at under 200 dollars this would be a good bike to invest in for moderate exercise and also a light ride around the park or neighborhood.
- Offers good speed as it is designed with 21 speeds
- A few customers have also complained about the quality of derailleur as it seems to get damage easily
- Base on customer feedbacks, I would recommend you buy new inner tubes to replace the factory model.
- Furthermore if you don’t have prior knowledge of bike set up, you will have to carry the bike to a bicycle shop for assembly as it does come with any instructions in the box.