Buying a mountain bike doesn’t have to be expensive, in this article we have listed the 6 best mountain bike under 300.Yes that’s correct top rated mountain bikes for less than $300.In the past to get a high quality bike you would have to spend a fortune, but with more manufactures on the market and newer and more durable materials being discovered. There has been a gradual increase in options at this price range. The below bikes are highly rated and don’t let the price fool you these bikes will give you years of good service.
- 1 Best Mountain Bike Under 300
- 1.0.1 1. Vilano Blackjack 3.0 29er Mountain Bike MTB with 29-Inch Wheels
- 1.0.2 2. Merax Finiss 26″ Aluminum 21 Speed Mg Alloy Wheel Mountain Bike
- 1.0.3 3. Vilano 26-Inch Frame Mountain Bike Ridge 2.0 MTB 21 Speed Shimano with Disc Brakes
- 1.0.4 4. Huffy Men’s Torch 3.0 Mountain Bike, 29 inches
Best Mountain Bike Under 300
1. Vilano Blackjack 3.0 29er Mountain Bike MTB with 29-Inch Wheels
We are starting the list by looking at the Vilano blackjack 3.0 mountain bike, this is a budget friendly mountain bike that is built to perform at the highest level whether on the rail trails, road or at home on the pavement.
Before we go deeper in this review on this bike there are a few things you things o take note of. Firstly this bike was first released in 2016 and has taken the market by storm. With new innovative ideas Vilano bike brand has become the go too bike for both pros and beginners.
- Firstly, one of the reasons this high quality bike is able to be sold at this price. Is because its hand built with a hydroformed alloy frame. Yes you read that correct hand built. No detail was overlooked. Furthermore hydroforming is a more economically way of shaping metals into lightweight very strong pieces.
- In addition with a well designed larger seat, not only will you enjoy a more comfortable ride, but with a wider seat you will enjoy a more stable ride giving you more control while you’re riding
- Also the double wall alloy rims, and large 29 inches tires will allow you to confidently ride over practically any obstacle.
- Furthermore this bike also uses the highly rated shimano ez fire shifters; this has been known to provide users with faster and more accurate shifting of gears. And practically eliminating the annoying effects of traditional gear trouble.
- Also at only 30 pounds this bike is lightweight and easy to manage. And this bike has been rated as one of the fastest mountain bikes on the market.
- This bike works well with a wide variety of riders at different heights as customers as tall as 6 feet 3 as sing praises of this bike and also customers of 5 feet 8 inches in height. Furthermore it has a recommended weight limit of 250 pounds.
- In addition this bike uses mechanical disc brakes, which delivers an above averaging stopping power
- There were practically no noteworthy complaints when it came to this bike, but I did see where a few riders complained about the handle grips being uncomfortable
2. Merax Finiss 26″ Aluminum 21 Speed Mg Alloy Wheel Mountain Bike
Next on the list is the Merax finiss 26 mountain bike. For 300 dollars there isn’t a better bike you could ask for. Not only does this bike look exceptionally well and will certainly stand out compared to other models. But you will also need to get ready for the attention, as you will be constantly asked the price. And also where did you buy it, you know the regular questions you would expect when you have a top rated bike.
- Very durable and well built, customers have boast about using this bike daily for over 10 years and still going strong. Has it is made from heat treated aluminum.
- This bike weighs only 34 pounds, making it easy to lift
- Also with a frame of 19 inches and recommended weight capacity 330 pounds, this merax finniss bike can handle larger riders with little to no problems
- With your purchase you will also get a durable plastic water bottle holder
- Another feature of this bike worth highlighting is the quality of the wheels that come with this bike. They are very durable and will withstand numerous hours of rigorous trials.
- I would recommend you get a professional probably at your neighborhood bike shop to give this bike a full tune up. You will definitely enjoy it even more after.
- Some customers have found the seat that comes with this bike to be uncomfortable, especially on longer journeys.
- A must have accessory when you purchase this bike, is a good bike lock.
3. Vilano 26-Inch Frame Mountain Bike Ridge 2.0 MTB 21 Speed Shimano with Disc Brakes
The Vilano ridge 2.0 MTB is not only a good mountain bike but it its also a good bike for commuting to work, or around campus. Originally designed as an entry level bike this is a good all purpose bike. This is the second Vilano brand bike on this list, this should come as no surprise as this bike brand although new to the market. As it originally came on the scene in 2008.But they have gradually improved the durability and performance of their bikes.
- This mountain bike uses mechanical disc brakes, which have been known to be very sharp. Although they take a few rides to perform at its best
- Your new bike will arrive partially assembled and with an owner’s manual, that if you can read and use to fully set up your new bike. Although most customers prefer to just take the bike parts to a qualified bike mechanic.
- Sturdy and durable all purpose tires, that gives you the confidence to tackle almost any terrain
- Another feature of this bike worth noting is its rims, unlike the traditional spokes rims the Vilano mag rims are eye catching and durable. Plus they give you the same feel and weight of a spoke rims.
- Well placed kick stand, that opens easily.
- Also this bike comes with 21 gears and is known to shift gears easily
- Be prepared to tune up this bike up on arrival, this is necessary to truly enjoy this bike.
4. Huffy Men’s Torch 3.0 Mountain Bike, 29 inches
The next up on the list is the huffy 3.0 mountain bike. With two 29 inches wheels this bicycle is designed to accommodate practically any height riders. Furthermore these wheels are well designed and will allow you to ride through bumps and holes, practically any obstacle without much hassle.
If should take a closer look at huffy bikes, you will realize that they have been around for over 125 years. And have a long and prestigious legacy.They have designed and sold numerous high quality bikes.
- Well designed bike that has been known to take less effort to increase momentum. Furthermore with the ability to shift between 21 speeds, and a 7 speed index derailleur. You will be able to shift gears easily and enjoy a smooth ride
- In addition this bike is built with a steel frame, making it one of the most durable on the market. Hence why it should as no surprise that it can manage riders with a weight of up to 250 pounds
- Also has alloy linear pull brakes, plus it comes with kolo 3 piece alloy crank, that helps to ensure you get an even better ride
- In addition the suspension fork provides good response during rides
- At 46 pounds this bike is a bit heavy
5. Schwinn Men’s High Timber 27.5″ Wheel Mountain Bicycle, 18″/Medium Frame Size
The Schwinn timber 27.5 is the cheapest mountain bike on this list. Built by Schwinn the high timber 27.5 has gotten rave reviews. At a budget friendly price they have somehow built a bike that will deliver years of service. This mountain bike has also been used for casual travel,giving you the ability to enjoy the trails.While you get a good exercise.
- Arrives mostly assembled, but to fully assemble is rather easy, as all you will need to add are the handlebars, seat, pedals, and front tire only. Some customers have even boasted of finish fully assembling their new bike within 15 minutes
- Furthermore it has front end suspension
- Built with a durable steel frame and good quality paint job and cool graphics
- Also comes with additional water bottle mount and a rear rack. It also has space to take more accessories
- With 21 gears you will be able to easily pedal and increase your cycling intensity and resistance as you like.
- Designed with a high quality quick stand and its rubber tip ensures its durability
- Seems the seat is uncomfortable as quite a few customers have complained about its texture. But you can buy an affordable replacement seat
6. Mongoose Stasis Comp 26-Inch Full Suspension Mountain Bicycle, Matte Red, 18-Inch Frame/ Medium
The mongoose stasis is the next mountain bike on our list. The mongoose bike brand has been around for over 41 years, having started back in 1974.And for those of you that may not know, this line of bikes was actually designed by the same persons that bought BMX bikes to us. Secondly this is a full suspension aluminum bike. Making it both lightweight and easy to maneuver. And with a max weight capacity of 350 pounds this is a definitely a heavy duty mountain bike.
- Built with a front suspension fork and also a suspension frame. This helps to ensure you get a comfortable ride especially on those rugged terrains. Dual shocks are a must on any top rated mountain bike
- In addition this mountain bike is designed with SRAM twist shifters and also as 21 speeds. Allowing you to shift gears seamlessly and quickly
- This bike works best for riders between 5 feet 2 to 5 feet 6 inches
- Some customers have complained about the seat not being comfortable, and hence had to replace it
- Also most customers have complained about having to adjust the breaks on arrival for best experience.