After spending hours doing thorough research on numerous top rated bikes under 500.I have created this list of the best mountain bike under 500.
- 1 Best Mountain Bike Under 500
- 2 Pros
- 3 4. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive Hardtail Mountain Bike with 27.5″ Wheels
- 4 Pros
Best Mountain Bike Under 500
1. Diamondback Recoil 29er Mountain Bike
When you choosing a mountain bike you’re basically looking for a work horse of a bicycle not any flashy but instead very durable and can handle off trek paths with relative ease. Well the Diamondback Recoil 29er mountain bike does just that this affordable full suspension bike is designed with the latest technological innovations in bikes giving you maximum durability and the ability to make those rocky terrains feel like a ride in the park.
- Designed with highly rated mechanical disc brakes, which will allow you to stop quickly is needed, no matter the weather condition.
- Furthermore an advantage of riding 29 inch wheels bicycle is its ability to improve your ability to easily ride over obstacles
- Well built and weighs only 38 pounds
- Bike will arrive 80% assembled, leaving you to only mount the front wheel, handlebar and seat. Also you will need to do some fine tuning of the brakes.
- Doesn’t come with a kickstand
2. 2017 Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike with Disc Brakes, Shimano Shifting, Aluminum Frame
The 2017 Gravity FSX 1.0 is our top pick when it comes to mountain bikes and at a cost under $400 this bike is definitely a bargain. Whether you’re just looking for a durable ride for local trails or you’re planning to hit some vertical trails, this mountain bike can handle it. One major difference with the 2017 model compared to other mountain bikes is the fact that its frame is made from lighter and high quality aluminum and they used hydro form tubing in the design process to help ensure riders get the best performance.
- Good bike also for recreational riding and commuting
- Easy to assemble
- Well designed, durable and can even be used by riders as heavy as 300 pounds.Also its lightweight as it weighs only 35 pounds, plus its eye catching
- Good quality brakes and suspension
- If you plan on hitting some serious trails you will need to change the tires as the factory tires that it comes with offers little resistance on boulders or slippery surfaces.
3. Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Laurito Hardtail Complete Mountain Bike (27.5-Inch Wheels)
Can’t afford an high end mountain bike but don’t want to be left behind when riding with friends? Well this Bike isn’t only made by one of the best mountain bike brands. But it is also very reasonable. This bike was released late 2016 and it took the market by storm as with 24 speed, you now have excellent control when riding no matter how steep the hills are you will be able to dictate the resistant. If planning to take on major hills look no further the Diamondback laurito 2016.
- Quick release rear wheel
- And it is designed with sufficient space on the back for a child seat
- Furthermore with 21 speeds, you will be able to easily and smoothly cruise to your destination
- Good quality shocks
- One of the best diamondback bicycles
- Doesn’t come with a kickstand
- Also depending on your body type you may find the seat a bit uncomfortable
4. Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive Hardtail Mountain Bike with 27.5″ Wheels
Next on the list we have yet again another bike from the diamondback brand. What’s the difference with this compared to the others? Firstly it is designed for use with 27.5 wheels, which is very popular and highly favored by most mountain bikers. As it makes maneuverability easier. Secondly it is eye catching and light weight. Hence why it has been labeled by many has the best beginners’ mountain bikes.
- Designed with a highly rated 4 inches suspension fork
- Also uses powerful disc brakes,that has proven to be reliable on numerous road or trek condition,
- Furthermore this bike will arrive practically assembled. Leaving you to only do some minor tuning.Base on customer feedback it takes anywhere from 25 minutes to 45 minutes to fully assemble.
- Candy apple color that’s on this bike makes it very eye catching
- The factory tires are ok,but most riders tend to change the tires to flat resistance tires
5. 29″ Mongoose XR-PRO Men’s Mountain Bike
The 29” Mongoose XR-Pro mountain bike is definitely an option for both beginners and intermediate bikers. This bike will even allow you to keep up with most expensive mountain bikes. Furthermore this bike is designed to allow numerous personal upgrades in the future if you should feel the need. Allowing you to truly get the most out of your new bike as your skills gradually increase.
- With a max body weight of 350 pounds this would be a good mountain bike even for persons with a bit of weight.
- Also has a good weight as it isn’t very heavy
- Comfortable seat
- Stable and well designed crank set and wheels
- Gears are easy to shift
- Designed with inferior brakes, so I would advise you to replace the brakes in the near future.
6.Diamondback Bicycles Sorrento Hard Tail Complete Mountain Bike
If you’re looking a cheap commuter bike, well look no further than the diamondback Sorrento hardtail bicycle. This bike is built by the diamondback brand; this is arguable one of the biggest biking brands on the market. And is the same brand that supplies retailers like Wal-Mart with bikes. With this said you can rest assured that you’re getting a solid and proven bike.
- Sturdy aluminum frame
- Will arrive partially assembled and even comes with hex wrenches to help you tighten it if desired in the future
- This is one of the best hardtail bicycles for the money, as it is designed with a sturdy rear suspension
- Furthermore this bike is very sturdy, as during the process of doing this research.I noticed numerous customers have been using this bike daily for years.
- Doesn’t come with a kickstand,but you can easily order one if you desire