Buying a bike isn’t has straightforward as some people think there are quite a few factors to take into consideration. From the frame size, tire; size the make and a few other specifications.
Even in your local bike shop it would still be time consuming. Hence why I have done the research and written this review of the best mountain bikes under 200.These bikes are certainly a good option if you’re on a budget and want a good mountain bike for your money.
- 1 Best Mountain Bikes Under 200
Best Mountain Bikes Under 200
1. 24″ Roadmaster Granite Peak Boys Mountain Bike
If your looking a good mountain bike at a reasonable price, that is both durable and at the same time will provide users with a comfortable ride. Well look no further than the roadmaster granite peak 24”.At this size this is the best mountain bike for 12 year olds, but has also been used by teenagers and adults. major standout feature of this bike is the fact that comes with 18 speeds, making it a good beginner’s mountain bike.
- This bike can handle both the rugged terrains and also looks appealing enough to ride around the neighborhood. Furthermore it is designed with an eye catching paint job.
- It will arrive partially assembled, all you will have to do is add the front tire and handle bars.This won’t take up much time.
- In addition this bike has also been used by adults and teenagers and gotten rave reviews
Best mountain bike under 150
- For best experience it does require some fine tuning up on arrival
2. Diamondback Bicycles 2015 Tess 24 Complete Hard Tail Mountain Bike
There are few bikes on the market that tick all the necessary points. For instance durable, easy on the eye, budget friendly, sturdy and also an extra effort was placed on its safety features. The Diamondback Tess 2015 bicycle Is certain to get any beginner used to trail blazing.
- Built with a durable high tensile steel frame
- Furthermore this bike is designed with suspension fork,so you won’t feel any uncomfortable bumps while you ride
- In addition base on customer response this mountain bike actually looks better on arrival than it does on the website.
- With a 24 inches wheel size this bike is recommended for junior between the ages of 9 to 12 years old
- A common complaint I have realized when it comes to this bike is the fact that it doesn’t come assembled and the instruction manual is hard to understand. So if you don’t have prior experience with fitting up a bike I would recommend that you take it to your nearest bicycle shop for assembly.
- Also it is a bit heavy
3. Diamondback Bicycles Youth Girls 2015 Tess 20 Complete Hard Tail Mountain Bike, 20-Inch Wheels/One Size,White
The popular Diamondback bicycles Tess 20 comes with the 7 speeds. This will provide your little one with just enough speed and durability she needs to gradual build up her confidence and skill level. This mountain bike is mainly suits riders between the ages of 7 and 9 years old.
- This bike is very durable and will certainly withstand the test of time. Has it is designed with a durable high tensile steel frame.
- Furthermore it comes mostly assembled, and you will only be required to install the front tire, handlebar and seat. This should take you roughly less than 30 minutes
- Also it is designed with a shock absorber, which will certainly keep the jolts from affecting them
- This bike would have been even better if it came with a kickstand, but if you desire to put one on you will have to buy it separately
- A few customers have complained about the gear shifter being too stiff. As it seems to take extra effort to shift back to lower gears.
Also Check Out The Best Road Bikes Under 500 Dollars
4. Mongoose Girl’s Maxim Full Suspension Bicycle (24-Inch)
Next on the list is the mongoose girl’s maxim full suspension bicycle. Mongoose over the years has become a popular and reliable bicycle brand. It was well overdue to make a line of bikes for females also. This 24 inch bike is perfect for girls between the ages of 10 and up.
- Very durable and is built with an aluminum suspension frame and suspension fork. This ensures ensures users of a comfortable riding experience if on those bumpy terrains.
- Another major standout feature of this bike is the fact that comes with a 21 speed shimano rear derailleur, and easy to use shifters
- Also is designed with a kickstand, this will help to minimize the bike getting unwanted scratches that tends to happen when placed on the ground.
- Furthermore assemble isn’t hard and takes approximately 20 to 45 to set up as you will only need to put on the front tire,handlebars,pedals and inflate the tires to 50 psi.
- Some users found the bike to be a bit heavy has it weighs 37 pounds