After searching the internet for a good bike at reasonable, I realize that it isn’t as straightforward as I thought it would be. So I decided to use my new found knowledge and wrote this article on the best road bikes under 500 dollars For 2018. Currently the bike market is saturated with a lot of options and overtime it’s only going to get worst. But no need to worry as the bikes on this list is highly rated. And have proven their durability time and time again, as they have gotten rave reviews from owners and professional bike shops.
- 1 Best Road Bikes Under 500 for 2018-2019
- 1.1 1. Tommaso Imola Compact Aluminum Road Bike
- 1.2 2. Poseidon Sport 4.0 Entry Level Road Bike Blk/Sil
- 1.3 3. Vilano Shadow 2.0 Road Bike – Shimano STI Integrated Shifters
- 1.4 4. Cyrusher XC760 Races Road Bike Commuting Cycling 52cm Aluminium Frame 14 Speed 700C Shimano Tourney ST-A070 Shifting System Disc Brakes
- 1.5 5. Schwinn Phocus 1600 Men’s Road Bike 700c Wheels, 56CM Frame
Best Road Bikes Under 500 for 2018-2019
1. Tommaso Imola Compact Aluminum Road Bike
First on the list is the Tommaso Imola road bike this bike has been compared to bikes 3 times its price. As it is not only easy on the eyes but the make and quality is of the highest level. This road bike is made by the people over by tommaso bikes, they located in Denver, USA.They have been making bikes from 1985 and first started out in the Italian market but eventually came to the states and became a global brand. Over the years they are revolutionized the biking world and change the way people think about bikes. As they are known to make some of the most affordable bikes but at the same time they perform great.
- One of the biggest feature of this bike is its frame, this bike’s frame was made using hydroformed technology and there popular 6061 SLA aluminum frame. Making it not only light weight but also durable. Overall this bike actually weighs 25 pounds. Furthermore the handlebar is uniquely designed to help reduce the effects of drops while riding. Plus it has also been known to reduce wind resistance allowing you to ride even faster with less effort.
- Another major benefit of buying this particular road bike is the fact that its frame is drilled neatly and precisely. To fit a variety of bike racks and fenders. This gives you major advantage compared to other road bikes as it makes for easier storage and transportation. Making it a good buy for commuters also.
- Furthermore with the option of 24 speeds, you will be able to overcome practically any road conditions. And the Shimano’s Claris shifters are designed with double levers, allowing riders to shift gears quickly without even changing their grip.
- Also designed with VDT steel fork, that has a easy to release system.
- Majority of the assembly is done before delivery, allowing you set up your new bike with relative ease. Although it is recommended that you get a professional to do some fine tuning to get the best experience out your bike
- Brakes are sharp and very quiet
- Honestly the only con I noticed after researching this bike is the seat, as it is made out of hard rubber it tends to be uncomfortable. I would recommend you buy a gel seat to replace it.
2. Poseidon Sport 4.0 Entry Level Road Bike Blk/Sil
Looking for a top rated entry level road bike? Well look no further as the Poseidon sport 4.0 will surpass your needs. Available in 3 different sizes, this is a good bike for both male and female riders of any height. Furthermore being a true beginners bike this Poseidon sport is as easy as it comes for bike assemble, as it comes 80% assembled and is even pre tuned at the factory . Although it is recommend that you take it to professional bike shop for it to be fully assembled. So you will be set and ready to hit the road in no time.
- Although inexpensive this bike is very durable and have been known to give customers years of service. Furthermore the frame comes with a lifetime warranty and a 1 year warranty on all parts.
- Also very lightweight as it weighs only 24 pounds, and is built with carbon fiber forks making it easier to handle
- Easy to assemble as you will only need to assemble the front wheel, handlebar and seatpost. As it comes 80% pre assembled from the factory. Allowing you to get on the road even quicker
- Designed with an 8 speed cassette, allowing riders to select the best gears depending on the hill you’re riding over
- Easy to adjust shifters and comes with platform pedals
- Not surprising there were no negative feedback about this bike
3. Vilano Shadow 2.0 Road Bike – Shimano STI Integrated Shifters
As a beginner the last thing you want to do is spend a ton of money on a bike. Hence why the Vilano shadow 2.0 is a good beginner’s choice bike. With 14 speeds this bike can handle hills and flats easily. Also it’s durable and well built and is sure to have you clocking more miles than you expected. Overall this is a good bike for commuting or those looking for a bike to exercise with or club riders.
- Constructed with double butted aluminum aero frame, this road is very durable
- Also it uses shimano STI shifters that make it easy to control the brake and shifting the gears quickly and easily as it is compound in a single unit
- Furthermore it is built with prowheel alloy double crankset.
- Easy to assemble as it comes partially assembled, you will only need to set up the front wheel, handlebars, saddle and pedals and tune the brakes and derailleur
- And both front and rear wheels are designed for quick release, making it easy to quickly repair or transport in a car
- Doesn’t have front shocks
Also Check Out The Best Elliptical Under 600 For 2018
4. Cyrusher XC760 Races Road Bike Commuting Cycling 52cm Aluminium Frame 14 Speed 700C Shimano Tourney ST-A070 Shifting System Disc Brakes
If you are looking for a road bike that not only has class, good design but also delivers speed and also has other features. The Cyrusher XC760 will be a deal breaker.
This XC760 bike can actually be used for touring, racing, commuting as it is designed with a lightweight aluminum compact frame.
- Bike arrives 90% assembled, leaving you to only do minor adjustments and fine tuning.
- Has a sleek and eye catching look
- Based on research this bike would be best suited for riders between 5 feet 3 to 6 feet 2 in height
- Comes with a well designed professional mountain bike seat, so you can enjoy a comfortable ride on those long commutes. Furthermore with 14 speeds you will be able to reach your destination even quicker and with less effort.
- In addition this utilizes a quick release system that allows you to easily disassemble it in the future for maintenance
- Unlike most road bikes that’s has the gear shifters located basically beside the braking system for easy access. With this bike it is located on the handlebar
5. Schwinn Phocus 1600 Men’s Road Bike 700c Wheels, 56CM Frame
Whether you’re looking for a good bike to start burning some calories, with the Schwinn Phocus 1600 you will get your body in shape in no time. This bike is also popular amongst college students. Its lightweight design and durable parts allows you to challenge new adventures at a higher speed.
- Designed with Promax alloy caliper road brakes, that has been known to deliver good stopping power
- Also comes with toe clips and straps, to help ensure you enjoy your ride
- Budget friendly priced road bike. Also comes with a Shimano claris 16 speed derailleur for added pleasure
- This bike seems to work best with riders of 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet 2 inches in height. Furthermore its well designed and very durable. And has also become a fan favorite amongst bike riders of heavier weight.
- Comfortable well padded seats
- The stock brake pads that comes with this bike seems to wear out quickly, but if that should be the case with you I recommend you purchase a new one from Amazon or your local bike shop.
Road Bikes Summary
With an increase in bike manufactures over the years, it is even more difficult now to choose the best road bike. But we have looked ranked some of the best road bikes for the money. Each of these bikes offers good speed capabilities, solid construction and also are easy on the eyes. Furthermore if you’re looking for a cheap entry level bike anyone of these choices will do.
We have written a quick guide below to help you in choosing the right road bike. And to also highlight so facts that you should know about road bikes.
Road bikes Save Money, Time and Is good For your Health
Did you know that cycling for only 45 minutes to an hour you may be able to burn up to 650 calories depending on your weight and other factors. Furthermore with a good road bike it won’t even feel like exercising, as you will be enjoying the adrenaline rush or observing the beauty of nature. In addition you and a group of friends can start a new routine and gradually work up your level endurance, while encouraging each other.
Also instead driving the car everywhere why not ride the bike to corner store, or if the location is close by. With gas prices on the rise you will be amazed by the about you will save overtime. And it is way cheaper to maintain and repair.
In addition for college students or commuters get one of these bikes can be the tool you have been searching for o save you time. Has with a bike you no longer have to worry about getting caught up in traffic. As you will be using the bike lanes and paths. Furthermore you can quickly make your way across campus.
I hope that by reading this article you will be able to choose a one of the best bikes under 500 for 2018.
If you have any other thoughts please feel free to leave a comment below.